After many years of working with Silverstripe and developing modules, we have finally decided to move properly into unit testing.
The new version of the Thornley Kelham site is now live. Following a brand refresh, the site had to incorporate sub-brands for each of their departments a more robust project gallery with cross links throughout the site, as well as lots of minor tweaks to improve performance on the site.
I love using Silverstripe, its a great CMS and Framework, easy to get into but powerful. But, there has been one thing bugging me for some time now, and that is managing all the different third party modules that you need in order to get your site up and running.
I recently felt I needed to add a portfolio of work to this site, nothing fancy, but I decided it would need to use jQuery to provide some sort of slideshow view and so make the best use of screen space.
Anyone who is interested in Silverstripe is interested in what will happen in next iteration. By the sounds of it there are going to be a lot of big changes, but one of the ones I am very interested in is updating the design and layout of the admin area.
Quite a simple one this time, but something I feel is worth posting up. On a recent project, I needed to add the ability for the site editors to be able attach an image to any page on the site that sits at the root level of the Site Tree. Any children (grandchildren, etc) of these pages however had to...